Investor Visa (Tier 1)

The UK Investor visa is informally known as Golden Visa and is intended for high net worth individuals who want to relocate themselves and their family to the UK. Principal applicant and all immediate family members including spouse and children under the age of 18 years can apply for this category. There is no requirement to demonstrate your English language ability.

To qualify you must:

  • be 18 years or above
  • Have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for Investor visa
  • be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your spouse, unmarried or same-sex partner
  • have opened a bank account in the UK
  • have your funds in one or more regulated financial institutions and free to spend i.e disposable in the UK
  • provide tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
  • provide a criminal record certificate from any country you have stayed in for a total of 12 months or more over the last 10 years

This visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months initially and then you can further extend your stay for another 2 years by providing evidence that investment of at least £ 2,000,000 was made in the UK. You need to invest the funds in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies. You cannot invest this amount in companies primarily engaged in property investment, property management or property development. The amount of your investment will determine the length of time required before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. You can

  • apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £ 10,000,000
  • apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £ 5,000,000
  • apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £ 2,000,000

Spouse Visa (Settlement Visa)

The UK Spouse Visa also known as Settlement Visa is meant for you if you are in a civil partnership or marriage that is recognized in the UK. Your partner must be a British Citizen or have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence) or have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK. You both must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply. If you application is successful, you will be allowed to live and work in the UK for two and a half years. You can also go out and re-enter the country several times. After staying in the UK for this period, you can then apply to extend your visa for another 2.5 years. Once you have lived in the UK for combined five years; you can apply to live permanently if you are still married and living together.

To qualify you must:

  • be at least 18 years old
  • your spouse lives in UK or planning to move with you to the UK
  • your marriage is legal and recognized in the UK.
  • you both intend to live as partners permanently
  • financially support yourself and your dependants
  • have a good knowledge of English

Note - If you are applying to join your proposed civil partner / fiancé / fiancée, you must meet the above requirements and you must intend to get married within 6 months of your arrival. England is a very organized country with a rigorous bureaucratic system. It becomes important to follow the precise rules laid down in the procedures to avoid possible rejection of the application because of a seemingly minor technical detail. The team at Opulence specializes in immigration to the UK, including visas for spouses of English citizens.

Visitor Visa

The United Kingdom is a majestic place to live, work and explore. With global influential center of culture; UK is a great place to visit and travel around. Anyone planning to pay a short visit to the peaceful nation of United Kingdom to study, seek business opportunities, explore the historic locales or get a medical treatment must apply for a UK visitor visa. You should have enough funds to support your stay in this country without having support from the public funds. You can apply for Standard Visitor Visa if you want to visit the country for below purposes:

  • To Visit Family: Candidate who wishes to travel to the UK to visit family members and relatives settled in the UK can opt for Standard Visitor Visa. Candidates can even file for a long-term visitor visa that lasts up to 2 to 10 years and on each visit they can stay for 6 months.
  • For Tourism: You can apply for standard visa if you wish to visit the country for a short period of time to meet friends, relatives or for tourism.
  • For Business Visits: An individual who is employed in another country and wishes to visit the UK for a short period of time and engage in business related activities can apply for this visa. You can also apply for this visa if they are coming to the UK for conference or meetings. You can study up to 30 days and take part in any business related activities, exchange programs or educational visits. Candidates are not allowed to do paid or unpaid work and get public funds or marry or get in a civil relationship when visiting the UK under Standard Visitor Visa.
  • For Private Medical Treatment: This visa is also applicable for candidates who are seeking medical treatment from a private medical practitioner in the UK. If the candidate is coming to the UK for private medical treatment, the UK immigration allows the candidate to stay up to 11 months.